My baby turned two last sunday! Mother's day and my mom is coming for a visit to Luanda!! Woohoo!
So since my mom will be here later this month we decided to postpone his birthday party a couple of weeks, and I did a cake to celebrate on the day of his birthday. I made a number 2 cake, with a giraffe print, since he's all into animals and since he recently experienced a safari trip.
We started off his day with a stack of yummy pancakes with sprinkles!
For the number two cake, it's really simple, this is how I cut it out. I made two cakes, a round one and a loaf cake. I will post the recipe of the chocolate cake, because this is by far the best chocolate cake recipe you can have your hands on, the hersheys perfectly chocolate chocolate cake!
So for the chocolate cake you will need
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
So after baking both cakes take the round cake and cut a whole in the middle. Then cut a piece from it in the shape of a triangle.
This triangle will serve as the link between the round cake and loaf pan cake that will form the shape of the number 2
You can trim the endings of the loaf pan, for it to level with the head of the number 2.
Then frost it with the design you like. Here I used orange buttercream , then for the patches of the giraffe I used chocolate ganache.
Happy Birthday Baby!!