You know when you crave cinnamon rolls, but not the hours that it takes to
make?! well someone came up with a solution, not only super easy to make, but super yummy as well!
I did not do the baking, and will not for the coming month since mommy is visiting in Luanda! She made this cake from the recipe over at Chef in Training.
You will need:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In an electric or stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well , slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
- For topping, In a large bowl mix the 2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
- FOR GLAZE: In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For a breakfast treat, heat a piece of the cake in the microwave for 30 seconds and enjoy with your coffee.